Hi, I’m Ana, the girl hiding behind Spoonful of Kindness. I’m a twenty-something currently living in London, England.
Spoonful of Kindness is a blog for anyone who wants to live a healthy lifestyle, but feel they don’t have the time or the skill to start preparing their own meals. I make quick and simple vegetarian recipes, with straightforward, pronounceable ingredients.
I don’t know about you, but I hate recipes with a list of ingredients that takes longer to read than I have time to cook. And I hate it when I start a ‘quick and simple’ recipe just to hear myself say an hour later ‘How could anyone make this in under 15 minutes’. My wish is to share healthy recipes you can easily make on weeknights. And if I say it can easily be done on a weeknight, it means I’ve made it on a weeknight.
I work full-time in London, have a hyperactive border collie, and spend (too much) time at the gym, so coming up with quick and healthy recipes I can whip up when I come home at night is essential for keeping my sanity. So if you want to get healthy and make delicious meals at home, while leading a busy lifestyle, this is the place for you.
The majority of my posts include recipes shared with a kind perspective on life. So what does that mean? As a life-long vegetarian and an on-again, off-again vegan, I know how important it is to be kind to other people, animals, our planet, and, as we too often forget, ourselves.
All my recipes are vegetarian and most of them are vegan, or include vegan options. My goal is to create a kind haven for anyone who wants to get healthier and happier by including more plant-based meals in their life.
10 Random Facts About Me
- Have been a vegetarian my whole life
- Live with a husband, two cats and a border collie
- Absolutely loathe the term fur baby, or anything related to being called a mother to my pets
- Currently eat dairy but avoid eggs for no particular reason other than feeling like it
- Love photography but still have a very long way to go
- Have a bachelor’s degree in English and a master’s in business
- Love weightlifting and hate all types of cardio (except hiking, if you insist on calling that cardio)
- Spend as much time as I possibly can in nature
- Try my best to always keep an open mind, regardless of my personal beliefs
- Really, really love bullet points and lists of all kinds