Raw vegan walnut roll with no added sugar and only 98 calories per slice.
Happy holidays everyone! I just wanted to take a minute of this precious family time to say hi and share my favorite recipe from this year’s holiday feast with you. This roll is a raw, vegan and much healthier alternative to the many different types of nut roll that are popping up on every dinner table during this time of the year.
- 100g finely ground chia seeds
- 150g oat flour
- 150g dates, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 100ml water (add as necessary)
- 150g ground walnuts
- 50g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100g dates, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1-2 tablespoons rum, optional
- Drain the soaked dates, place them in a food processor and blend to get a smooth paste.
- Mix together the ground chia seeds, oat flour, 150 grams of date paste and about half of the water. Start kneading the dough and add more water when necessary. The dough should be soft, but not sticky. Working on a smooth surface, shape it into a log and flatten it with your hand or use a rolling pin to get a rectangular shape, about 1/2 inch thick.
- To make the filling, mix together the ground walnuts, cocoa powder and 100 grams of date paste. Add rum to taste. Spread the filling in a thin layer over the chia rectangle and carefully roll it into a log.
- Wrap the log in plastic foil and place it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- When chilled, unwrap and cut into about 30 slices.
View Nutrition Facts