Have dessert for breakfast with this low-calorie, low-fat crisp you can easily make in advance.
January is the time of new beginnings and New Year’s resolutions, and I always find myself noticing way too many people who are stressing themselves unnecessarily by trying to eat bland and tasteless food that is supposed to be good for them.…
Quick blueberry bread with only 58 calories and one gram of fat per slice.
Though sometimes it feels great to spend an afternoon in the kitchen, creating that perfect glamorous dessert, more often than not I find myself searching for a recipe for something sweet that can easily be done even on a weeknight.…
Quick, healthy breakfast with less than 200 calories and 6 grams of protein.
Busy weekday mornings can be tough and a great excuse for not eating a balanced breakfast. While I personally don’t believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it definitely is my favourite, and if you share my love, this easy recipe for Vegan Overnight Chia Oats will turn those bland winter mornings into an adventure.…
Healthy, vegan, refined sugar-free homemade granola with all your favourite nuts and seeds.
Don’t let the name deceive you. Though homemade granola is healthier than the store-bought stuff, that’s not why I love making my own. It’s all about the endless possibilities that come with putting together all your favourite breakfast nuts and seeds.…
super quick and simple low-fat, low-calorie bite-size vegan pancakes
- 40 g oat flour
- 2 tsp chia seeds, ground and soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 100 ml soy or almond milk
- cinnamon, optional
- maple syrup, optional
- Soak ground chia seeds in water for 15 minutes.
- Stir together the soaked chia, oat flour,milk and, if you wish, a dash of cinnamon.
the perfect breakfast to warm you up on a cold autumn morning
- 40 g rolled oats
- 35 g oat flour
- 20 g muscovado sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 15 g coconut oil
- 1 tbsp muscovado sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 medium pears, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (390 degrees F).
only 4 ingredients; 33 calories per pancake and zero fat
- 50 g oat flour
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 120 ml almond or soy milk
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- Mash the banana with a fork and add the agave syrup and milk. Slowly add the oat flour and whisk to form pancake batter.
only 1 gram of fat and 159 calories per serving
- 170 g oat flour
- 90 g whole wheat flour
- 90 g all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting)
- 75 g muscovado sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 280 g dried figs, diced small
- 300 g plain soy yogurt
- 50 g agave syrup
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C (375 degrees F).