the perfect chocolate treat; no added sugar and only 145 calories per serving
These Peanut Butter Sandwiches are a dream come true for any peanut butter chocolate loving vegan.
They include all the usual suspects: cocoa, agave syrup, coconut oil, almond milk and peanut butter.
I love this recipe because of its simplicity in terms of preparation and ingredients. With almost no dirty dishes to clean afterwards, I had these in the oven in less than 20 minutes after I got started.
And the result is pure perfection. The slight bitterness of the dough perfectly balances out the rich creamy filling. As soon as I took my first bite I thought they tasted exactly like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Only better for you. As always, these treats are 100 % vegan, low in saturated fat, sodium and calories.
- 190 grams all-purpose flour
- 65 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams agave syrup
- 75 grams coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 milliliters almond milk
- 25 milliliters almond milk
- 130 grams peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl beat the agave syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and almond milk. Stir in the flour mixture, then knead lightly with your hands. Set aside.
- To make the filling, stir together the almond milk and peanut butter.
- Separate the dough into two parts and roll them about 1/2-inch thick. Place the bottom layer into the baking pan, spread with a layer of filling and cover with the remaining dough. Press firmly together.
- Bake for about 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool in the pan. When cool, slice into 16 to 20 pieces.
View Nutrition Facts